For some of us, if not all, hair is something that we want to be soft and soothing. Perhaps you are one of those people who do not pay attention to this stuff. However, if you do, it must be very frustrating if it is dry or if it has dandruff. Surely, you would prefer your hair to be beautiful, rather than messy.
Surely, you wash your hair with shampoo and after you dry it, it is very soft and dazzling, yet this effect does not last forever. This is why you need to know how to wash your hair properly. If you know how to do this your hair will be healthy and lovely for a longer period of time.
Thus, we will present you some of the most common mistakes that people do when washing hair and we will give you some advice about what you should do instead.
The Mistakes and Advice
1. Wash your hair whenever you want to. You can do it once a week in winter and every day during summer. It is your choice.
2. If you shower daily, skip the shampoo. Your scalp can become very dry if you use shampoo often.
3. Instead of scrubbing your hair when you wash it just gently move your fingers through it to prevent breakage and damage.
4. The hair does not like hot showers because the hotness dries the scalp and skin. Just wash it with cold or lukewarm water.
5. Do not change shampoos all the time. Try using one brand because it is easier on your hair.
6. Do not pour too much shampoo, because it washes out all the products. Just pour it in a coin size in your hand.
7. Do not rub your hair with a towel when you are finished with washing it. It is very gentle when it is wet, therefore, pat it dry gently.
8. Shampoo your hair gently, do not brush it when it is wet because it can cause breakage.
9. Do not shampoo your scalp down. Just begin with the nape of your neck once in a while.
10. Before you apply shampoo, make sure your hair is soaked completely.
11. Shampoo your roots and condition your ends.
There you have them. The common mistakes you might do when you wash your hair. If you have been doing it wrong, take our advice, you hair will become healthier and shinier in no time!