We should all learn how to behave properly and to conduct ourself beautifully. This means that we should learn to respect the rules of etiquette which are pretty simple. There are certain etiquette rules that everyone should know. Hence, we decided to share with you some of the most prominent etiquette rules.
15 Amazing Etiquette Rules
- In you invite someone to a restaurant, it means you pay. Moreover, if a man offers to pay, a woman should accept.
- Always call a person prior to visiting. Otherwise, it seems rude.
- You shouldn’t put your phone on the table in public. Putting your phone on the table when in a restaurant will indicate that your phone is very important to you. This also means that you shouldn’t
- You should know the proper locations of your utensils. Thus, you should put food, bread, salad, and the fork on the left of the dinner plate and drinks, glasses, knife, and spoon on the right of the dinner plate.
- Learn which utensils to use. This means that you should start with the utensils on the outside and work your way in as the meal goes on. Hence, the largest for is actually an entrée fork, while the smaller fork is for salad.
- Always use your hands for breaking bread. Do not use a knife.
- Remember the “rest” and “finished” positions. So, if you place your knife on top of the plate and the fork across the middle of the plate, it means that you are resting. However, when the fork is under the knife, diagonally across the plate, it means that you have finished with the meal.
- You should never push your dishes away because this is the waiter’s job.
- You should never use a napkin as a tissue. The napkin should be used only for blotting the sides of your mouth.
- There are certain topics which should be avoided, such as your age, religion, disgrace, honor, affairs, wealth, medical problems, gifts, and family problems.
- You should never ask for a to-go box.
- Be polite to the waiting staff and always say “please” and “thank you”.
- It is considered insulting to laugh and stare at people as well as talking loudly.
- A man should never touch a woman without her permission.
- When you enter the cinema, theater, or concert hall, you should move to your seat facing those sitting. Moreover, the man should always go first.